Shoemaker Welding & Machine Shop, Inc. was established in 1958 by Harry Moyer Shoemaker. Harry started the business, where it still operates today, located on Leidy Road in Souderton. Back then, operations consisted of 33-acre farm with one weld truck outfitted and a single bay garage for walk in customers.
Harry Sr. worked mostly by himself until his Son, Harry Jr., came into the business in the early 80's working part time while finishing his machining education. By the mid 80's Harry Jr., had started to incorporate machining services to the business.
In 1989, Harry Moyer Shoemaker retired and the business was taken over by Harry Jr and his wife Linda. Shoemaker Welding & Machine Shop, Incorporated was formed.
The machining aspect of the business was showing steady growth and a larger facility was built. The year 2000 brought the expansion of an 8000 square foot building to house Offices, Inspection Department and Manual & CNC machining. The welding, sheet metal and fabrication business is now in three buildings it formally shared with the machine shop.
On May 11, 2009, Shoemaker Welding and Machine Shop passes the ISO 9001:2008 audit and is certified.
March 25, 2014 L-3 SPD Electrical Systems presents an award to Shoemaker Welding and Machine Shop. In attendance for the award presentation were the Honorable Robert Godshall of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and Brook Hunt, Director of Montgomery County Community College’s Center for Workforce Development. Presenting the award for L-3 SPDES was President Christine Montalvo.
2016 Shoemaker’s grows again. Our machine shop grew an additional 2000 square feet. Our Fabrication and welding shop grew from three separate buildings to one 10000 square foot facility with two bridge cranes. This now makes our total facility 20,000 square feet.
April 4, 2018 Shoemaker Welding and Machine Shop passes the AS9100 rev D / ISO9001:20015 audit and receives their official certificate.